I am starting in the fishkeeping hobby and found the corys in my local fish shop. i am thinking about buying a tank but i need help on deciding what size, what to put in it, should i keep live plants or fake plants, what type of decoration i should have and what other fish go well with corys. i would appreciate all suggestions and let me kno if you have any ideas for me below. thanks guys.

Views: 554

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

start with a 20g long, i suggest used tanks because of cost. and with corries about anything not agressive will work. i have celebes rainbows and dwarf gouramis with my corries. any flavor tetra will work too. as far as a filter for under 30$ at a big name pet store you can get an aquaclear 50 and its a great filter to get started with and keep as you upgrade other things. make sure to get a suction cup glass thermometer and a submersible heater

thxs kine for the reply i really appreciate your help

look at the replys to pedro and miquel too see my plans and i hope  you can help me further on making the best tank i can.

Start Out With A Community 10G See If You Can Handle It.

try not to go smaller than 10 though, as the smaller the tank the more work... my 3g takes WAY more time than my 75

thxs Miguel im thinkin of a 20 or 25 or 30 thinkin more about the bigger tanks cus i have 200 to spend

I'd also suggest using sand as you substrate if you are doing cory's because they can hurt their barbels on rough gravel. If you do live plants I'd recommend you use dirt with a sand cap. And if this is you're first dirt tank then I would suggest starting small'ish, 10-20 gallons, because it is easier to work with and to do the first few water changes that dirt requires.

im thinking about 20 or 25 or 30 ?

and thxs for the advice really helps if you know anyone else who knows about corys tell them to reply to my discussion

Prefect. ^ Kine Was On The Money. The Bigger The Least Work. Go 30G And A Good Filter. I recommend AquaClear. Its Quiet And You Can Add Anything To It To Home Your Good Bacteria.

miguel thxs again for the help

im thinking about 20 or 25g now 30 was a little bit too exspensive for me i might be able to get a 20g tank for free which would probably be my best best if you want to know my plans for my fish tank look at the reply to pedro to see how else you can help

Seeing as how people told you about tank size Iand substrate I'll tell you about corys. When purchasing corydoras it's important to remember they are a schooling fish that feel the most comfortable with 6+ of them in a tank   They are bottom feeders so they hang out mostly at the bottom. You can get san or you can also get river gravel (the rounded kind). They eat jus about n e fish food that hits the bottom and that's all I got for you so far

thxs pedro all the information i can get is great

im thinking of dirt and the put river pebbles on top and some live plants im lookin at a  20 0r 25 gallon tank i eliminated the 30 gallon a lil too expensive for me if i will probs get the 20g and i will put 8 to 12 corydoras in the tank. i am going to start with shrimp and let them breed once and then add the corys and later add a few tetras

COME ON GUYS!! 45 VIEWS AND ONLY 6 REPLYS. HELP OUT A BEGGINER AT THE HOBBY JUST SIMPLY REPLY AND GIVE YOUR OPINION!!

THXS

RSS

Blog Posts

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:59pm 0 Comments

10 Gallon planted Guppy

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:58pm 0 Comments

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Birthdays

Birthdays Today