so my green tiger barb is acting like an a-hole towards my other barbs. he has been for some time. he...herds my other two around. i think they are both female, but i know the bigger one is. i don't know exactly what to do. the green barb only allows the othwe two to the front of the tank to eat but chases them back when he feels they are done. though its funny i worry about the stress this causes them. they spend all their time either in the plants nose down or behind the filter. what to do?!!!

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have read that tbarbs should be in groups of 5 or better to avoid this kind of thing. So maybe get a few more?
Try taking the fish out, rearranging the tank and reintroduce with the new fish.

i have read the same. they were fine up until abt a week ago. i plan on adding 3 more barbs so i will have 3 regular tbarbs and 3 green tbarbs. but in this 20 gal... 

i will try to rearrange territories and see what that does.

Tiger barbs should be in groups of 6 or more if you have less than 5 or 6 they will become aggresive towerd each other and in your case you only have 3 so they have been pecking at each other and chasing each other around the tank, so i think it would be a great idea to get 3 or 4 more and see if that helps.

RSS

Blog Posts

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:59pm 0 Comments

10 Gallon planted Guppy

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:58pm 0 Comments

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

© 2024   Created by Dustin Wunderlich.   Powered by