Microbiology of the Planted Aquarium (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Where do I start with "balancing" my nutrients so I can get rid of my black, caked-on-my-plants algae?

I am a 25 year aquarium nut.... Until about six months ago, I had plastic plants. I joined the world of planted tank with gusto, only to fi…

Started by Lucy

19 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Robert Jango

nitrates high

Ok i have a 55 gallon with 10 to 12 peacock cichlids bout 2 to 4 inches. I have a fluval 406 and a hob. I do water change bout once every 1…

Started by troy black

2 Aug 28, 2012
Reply by troy black

Help with algae!

I've been getting big green hair algae blooms! Both in my 26 and 29 gallon. I have low light for both tank sizes and the lights are on arou…

Started by Rich bob

9 Aug 6, 2012
Reply by AquaNoob

Green Water

I hate this. It is terrible. I lowered the lighting and did a huge water change on it. What else can I do. I heard that you can have a U.V…

Started by Jack

5 Jun 12, 2012
Reply by Jack

Green algae

I have this everywhere. It is all over my sand and is not a carpet, but almost like a green dye. I recently got better t5 lights. I dose wi…

Started by Jack

4 May 5, 2012
Reply by Jack

Co2 or methane??

Does anyone know for sure what the bubbles are that come out the bottom of the tank? Dustin says c02 but my local pet shop say methane gas!…

Started by Barb Thompson

8 Apr 7, 2012
Reply by Barb Thompson

Black Bearded Algae Problem

I left my place for a whole week leaving the lights on my 20 gallon lowtech tank and when I got back i had a mess.  My dwarf sag and corksc…

Started by Aqua Hound

2 Apr 1, 2012
Reply by Aqua Hound

Help Identify...

I think its Diatom and whats on the HC idk.

Started by H4nz Gr0per

1 Mar 8, 2012
Reply by Walter

blue-green alge

hey guys. Ive had a small problem with bluegreen alge for a while now. the tank is pretty healthy and the fish are constantly breeding, but…

Started by Pieter-Jan Bastyns

1 Feb 9, 2012
Reply by GSP

Guppy ich and aquarium salt

Hi guys! I've read that in order to prevent your guppies from getting the ich, (some say it is dormant in freshwater tanks) adding 1 teaspo…

Started by Stefania

3 Feb 9, 2012
Reply by GSP

RSS

Blog Posts

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:59pm 0 Comments

10 Gallon planted Guppy

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:58pm 0 Comments

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos