So I bought a new tank , it looks really nice.   The dimensions are weird tho .  It is a 135 gallon 72x18x20   My only worry is,it looks very short
-is it common to be 20 incheS fall
-will it still be able to provide a good. Viewing ratio. L x w x h
-must it go on a outside wall? Full it is 1300 lbs

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

shorter tanks have worked well for me with planted tanks and it doesn't look too bad.  my main is only 18 inches tall.  i've actually had better results with my foreground plants with the shorter tank.  in my opinion it has a lot to do with personal preference, for me shorter tanks provide easier access to my plants and i find the view ratio more to my liking than taller tanks.  i mix discus with tetras and cory cats, with otos for algae control and enjoy watching them school from one end to the other.

the downside is that it takes up a lot of space vs a taller tank with the same volume 

What size is your main tank

it's 4 ft x 18in x 18in, i used to have a 4 foot 120 gallon that was quite a bit taller, this one is only 65-75 gallons, i forget exactly how much, but if i were to go back with the bigger tank i'd want something with your dimensions

Well it is for sale In Ohio.    Come buy it.  Lol.  Jp

Shorter tanks are more efficient for planted tanks unless you have the money for light, and electricity.

It doesn't need to be on an outside wall, but should be against a structural wall.

a short tank should be great for you. lights wont need to be strong at all. you would get the same light output on a 10 gal with t5 ho ans you would your tand with t5 ho just because of the highth. the higher you go the less light that gets threw the bottom of the tank.

RSS

Blog Posts

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:59pm 0 Comments

10 Gallon planted Guppy

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:58pm 0 Comments

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

© 2024   Created by Dustin Wunderlich.   Powered by