Hey guys i have been trying to find a T5 fixture with 2 bulbs for 100-130$ If it has a few LED's for luner ligting even better but if not its cool to. I have been lookiing at a http://www.petsolutions.com/storefront/fish/aquarium-supplies/light... but i have read bad reviews saying that the legs are week and it the actuly fixture dosent last long. I have been looking at a Zoo Med AquaSun T5-HO Double Light Linear Fluorescent Hood, 48-Inch . But i have red that if you have a glass top it does not fit ( i have a glass top) If you know of some good ones let me know thanks!

-Alejandro

Views: 501

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wish I saw this thread sooner. LOL. If you had $100-$130 in your budget, I would've suggested a Catalina fixture. They have individual reflectors and the owner can customize your fixture and add moon lights for you if you wanted them. The Odyssea fixtures are the cheapest but have poor reflectors and the ballasts don't put out enough to be considered a T5HO, more like a T5. 

dddaanngggg! that sounds great, ill have to look into that. But the Odyssea work very well yes bad reflectors and ballasts but mine have been great so far

I think the Odyssea work very well, but you could've definitely gotten a much better light with the budget that you had. If you wanted to run a true high light tank where you could grow anything, good reflectors are very important. Im thinking of trying Odyssea's new 20" LED fixture over a low light 10 gallon. Worth a try since their fixtures are so cheap.

Zoomed has a good t5 ho lamp, i have one and it has lasted a long time and has not let me or my plants down they are growing crazy and nice out put with this light, i run flora sun and ultra sun bulbs in it, and it works great. I would buy this lamp if i were you because it is cheap and works great, also you can hang it wich may help with the glass.

RSS

Blog Posts

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:59pm 0 Comments

10 Gallon planted Guppy

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:58pm 0 Comments

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

© 2024   Created by Dustin Wunderlich.   Powered by