I just watched Dustin's video on how all his vals melted in the tank with eco-complete and dirt. So now im a bit iffy on using Eco-Complete. I want the tank to be dirted and a layer of laterite or clay on the bottom. I was wondering what worked best for you guys as a substrate above the dirt. It doesn't have to have nutrients for plants. Inert substrate is fine. As long as it has worked for you. Oh. The gravel has to be kind of rounded or not sharp. As Im getting Pygmy corys.

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dustin use eco complete? lol..he's a gravel man!

also I find it funny why people use dirt and eco complete in the sand tank???

go with one or the other

He just made a video with all his vals melting and dying in his tank with eco-complete and dirt. I guess it was another one of his experiments. LOL.

What do you mean by dirt and eco complete in a sand tank? Wont the sand just set to the bottom?

Which one do you think is better? Eco-Complete or Pea Sized Gravel and Dirt?

my bad..i ment to say "same"..misspelled.

Depending on how much you wanna to spend and if you have time.

If you have time.. dirt

Money = eco complete

What do you think is better? If dirt, what cap do you use?

Either or is fine...I personally don't use dirt anymore due to its so many problem with sand as seen in my video.

go with fine gravel if ur using dirt...maybe black if you can find them ..plus they look nicer

What do you think about.Tahitian Moon Sand? In getting pygmy corys and maybe the sand will help? Im just not sure about anaerobic pockets.

my video would sum it up for u

i use the sand in it

Oh! I think ive seen it. You changed out the dirt and sand.for eco-complete and the corys started coming out. Is that the video?

yes..that is it

Check out NY tank in the dirt convert section. It's called Mezza Luna. It has dirt and Eco. It's a fairly new tank but so far no real issues aside from dwarf hairgrass. But I knew that would give me problems cuz I don't have c02. The other thing I don't like about Eco is that it's very light. So expect some plants to float up until they are rooted. Especially if you have snails.  
there might be some issue down the road...i want to talk about both of this product but once i seen enough result i will

RSS

Blog Posts

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:59pm 0 Comments

10 Gallon planted Guppy

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:58pm 0 Comments

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

© 2024   Created by Dustin Wunderlich.   Powered by