So I am inheriting a 100 gallon acrylic tank from my girlfriends parents.  I have about 4 months time before I will be able to fill it so I am doing my budgeting and planning now. The real question is whether to dirt the tank or not. I currently have a 45 gallon that I used Eco Complete for my substrate and the plants love it, but my wallet didn't! I really don't want to go with Eco Complete for the 100 as I don't want to spend $350 on substrate. Thoughts?

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure if you can get any where you're from but I used aquatic compost and so far my plants LOVE it, its VERY cheap aswell, I got 20L of the stuff for £6 which is around $10usd

I haven't seen it at any of the my LFS. I will have to check around some more cause that is a lot cheaper. Thanks for the reply.

where abouts are you from? I'm in the UK, I bought 2 sacks of it (different brands) to see which I thought looked best, they were both the same price for 20L though, one I got from B&Q (www.diy.com) this is the stuff I used http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid...

If you have a look on amazon there might be some on there? I just did a search on google and amazon was the first link.

I'm in Washington, USA. Haven't seen those brands here, but I will definitely check amazon.

I just got done dirting a 140 gallon....very happy with the results. Been about a month

Would be nice to dirt, because you have room to put an awesome amount of plant variety in there. A lot of your heavy root feeders like swords, and crypts fill up a tank that size very nice.

Good Luck with it!

RSS

Blog Posts

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:59pm 0 Comments

10 Gallon planted Guppy

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:58pm 0 Comments

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Birthdays

Birthdays Today