I just got my Duel T5 HO in....however I ordered the wrong replacement bulbs. They come with a 10,000k white, and a 10,000k Actinic blue....I ordered 2 extra 10,000k white. question is...would i be better off using them as they are now with the actinic...or should I replace the actinic with the white? So I would be running ALL 10,000k whites. Also what should I get for extra bulbs? 6700 k??

Tank is a 140 gallon ....48 inches by 24 inches wide and 28 inches deep. 

What would be the best bulb setup for this tank?

Want to have enough and the best lights for any plants

thanks

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Found this picture for those interested.  It's from a lighting company.  Basically they are trying to show how their technology relates to natural sunlight.  I think the graph showing the spectrum of natural sunlight would help people to get a little more understanding of why planted tanks should be lighted the way they are.  You can see the sharp increase up to 500 then a decline to 900 and a sharp spike back to 1000.  That is why I like to have the 10000K bulb added to a 5000~ and 6500~.  Replicating natural light as closely as possible.  Here is another pic of what part of the spectrum plants use to photosynthesize.  Notice how they follow a similar path.

RSS

Blog Posts

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:59pm 0 Comments

10 Gallon planted Guppy

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:58pm 0 Comments

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

© 2024   Created by Dustin Wunderlich.   Powered by