Microbiology of the Planted Aquarium (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Avoiding Anaerobic conditions

I'm setting up a new planted 75 gallon tank.  The substrate is about 1.5 inches organic soil capped with fine gravel (#3 grade) ranging fro…

Started by Chuck P

4 Jun 27, 2014
Reply by Johanan Micaiah

Carbon what does it do.

Hey guys, just been thinking about a few things and I just wanted to know what is the benefit of having carbon in your filter. Cheers all.

Started by Betterboy4

3 Jun 27, 2014
Reply by Johanan Micaiah

Algae

hey guys does any1 know how to get rid of multiple types of algae I keep shrimp and snails.... and if no options for me to get rid of it is…

Started by my name is joe

3 Nov 10, 2013
Reply by hoyttt

Nitrogen Cycle for Beginners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YmYl9RyN9g check out my chanel and subscribe for up coming microbiology videos related to aquariums.  htt…

Started by Michael

0 Aug 3, 2013

Blue/Green Algae

I have a bit of blue/green algae in my 20 gallon long. Is there any chem dips that would kill this stuff i know its technically not an alga…

Started by Aidan Schermerhorn

1 Jul 19, 2013
Reply by Michael

high nitrate level

hey everyone, i have a 29g fish and planted tank. did a 50% water change on wednesday, and today,friday i tested Ph, Ammonia, Nitrite, and…

Started by Bruce

2 Jan 15, 2013
Reply by Peter

PH Levels Differ from tank to tank?

Ok everybody here is my problem.. I have one tank that has a PH of 6.8 and it has always been at 6.8 now I have another tank that has a PH…

Started by Keenan Straw

14 Nov 7, 2012
Reply by ŦůRbö ۰ Ҏяѻ ۰

TEST TIME

just curious to know what everybody uses to test their water, what you test for, and how often do you test ???  

Started by J B

1 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by Peter

recommendation for water change schedule

in ref to your video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdCgAle-VA4&feature=channel&list=UL what would you recommend the water changes…

Started by gv

4 Oct 8, 2012
Reply by gv

How plants use CO2 to grow like crazy!

We all know by now CO2 makes our plants grow like crazy, but how??? Carbon dioxide (CO2) is 100% essential in plant growth whether they be…

Started by Michael

6 Sep 30, 2012
Reply by Sin the conqueror

RSS

Blog Posts

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:59pm 0 Comments

10 Gallon planted Guppy

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:58pm 0 Comments

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos