All Discussions Tagged 'algae' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What is this and how to get rid of it?

what kind of algae is growing on the tips of my java moss? and how do I get rid of it? 

Started by Kafir Akbar

2 Apr 25, 2014
Reply by Cire Loknok

Rotala Algae Identification

So my tank is about 2 months old now.  After about 3 weeks I started getting this algae on my Rotala.  It starts at the bottom and climbs i…

Started by Landon L

5 Dec 31, 2013
Reply by George Barrett

I NEED HELP

Hello all. I come to you asking for help with my tank. I had fantastic growth of my plants for a good month then I decided to move some of…

Started by Blade Rohloff

2 Aug 24, 2013
Reply by Blade Rohloff

Dirted tanks and dosing

I attempted to ask others in the chat section of this site but it seems like the chat section is primary used to verbal abusing others. SO,…

Started by Kyle A Jones

11 Aug 16, 2013
Reply by Paul's Planted Aquarium

algae

ok so I took a water sample to my local pet store and they said I had some nitrates in my water which could be the cause of my algae outbre…

Started by Blade Rohloff

6 Aug 12, 2013
Reply by Blade Rohloff

Brown Algae (diatoms) / Planted Tank Help

Here is my set up...  New 10g freshwater dirted tank 40g Whisper filter - carbon added after 3 weeks of cycling to help extract access ammo…

Started by Kyle A Jones

6 Jul 27, 2013
Reply by Peter

Some thing is not right!!

Hey everyone, I need a little help from some of the experienced members here. I am new to the whole planted tank thing, or should I say i…

Started by Joe Spada

0 Mar 19, 2013

Marineland c503 canister filter

I bought one of these about a month ago, seems to be working fine, just wish it was silent, not very loud at all.  Where do the bubbles com…

Started by DePreston

0 Dec 21, 2012

Green Water Removal for free

So from everything I've read, doing a 1-3 day blackout will kill the algae in the water. I have a planted tank with 2 oto cats, 1 loach, 2…

Started by Alex

6 Oct 6, 2012
Reply by Alex

Help with algae!

I've been getting big green hair algae blooms! Both in my 26 and 29 gallon. I have low light for both tank sizes and the lights are on arou…

Started by Rich bob

9 Aug 6, 2012
Reply by AquaNoob

RSS

Blog Posts

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:59pm 0 Comments

10 Gallon planted Guppy

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:58pm 0 Comments

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos