All Discussions Tagged 'dirt' (63)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to dirt an aquarium.....how I did it

Dirt is pretty much the best plant substrate you can possibly use and the results of it are second to none. Dirt does come with some downfa…

Started by Jordan Matherly

20 Nov 10, 2016
Reply by Rodney C. Hoskin

Red Dirt From Yard?

Wondering if this was ok to mix with my miracle grow organic, along with mexican red clay and those little pellets...

Started by Aqualady420

1 Oct 22, 2016
Reply by Jazmin

What Dirt to Use/what to Mix with??

Hello everyone, I am a new user of FTTV and need some help. I've had a 55gal tank for 9 months now and had Oscar's in it. But I sold them a…

Started by Dylan Galicki

2 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Derek Partridge

Substrate for Discus Tanks?

I'm setting up my discus tank soon and wanted to know what you guys are doing for your substrate. I use dirt in all my tanks, but I was thi…

Started by alex9j4m

3 Mar 6, 2014
Reply by Peter

dirting a tank soaking dirt in a bucket?

hi i am about to dirt my 55g i was wondering could i soak my dirt in a tub for a week changing to water often to eliminate the excess nutri…

Started by jett

19 Jan 19, 2014
Reply by brendan

dirt capped my cap....

so i have a 30 gallon that i took down and dirted but now the dirt mixed in with the gravel i was using to cap it what should i do? leave…

Started by hoyttt

4 Nov 5, 2013
Reply by Robert Jango

Mold In My Dirt?

Ive had multiple dirted tanks for a while now and have never had this issue. There is a green mold like substance growing all across th…

Started by alex9j4m

2 Oct 2, 2013
Reply by Adam Carbary

My first tank

About four years ago I started wanting a planted tank.  I don't remember how I started to want one but I do know I came across Dustin's Fis…

Started by Sean

0 Aug 17, 2013

Dirted tanks and dosing

I attempted to ask others in the chat section of this site but it seems like the chat section is primary used to verbal abusing others. SO,…

Started by Kyle A Jones

11 Aug 16, 2013
Reply by Paul's Planted Aquarium

Brown Algae (diatoms) / Planted Tank Help

Here is my set up...  New 10g freshwater dirted tank 40g Whisper filter - carbon added after 3 weeks of cycling to help extract access ammo…

Started by Kyle A Jones

6 Jul 27, 2013
Reply by Peter

RSS

Blog Posts

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:59pm 0 Comments

10 Gallon planted Guppy

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:58pm 0 Comments

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos