Needing a good Clean up Crew for my 10 gallon Tank...Any ideas?

So I had set up a 10 gallon tank a few weeks ago and i am now starting to add fish on Thursday (6 Everglades Dwarf Sunfish) but i am needing some help with the clean up crew. Do keep in mind that I live in Hawai'i so i am limited in what kind of clean up crew members i can get. This will be a dirted tank so they cant dig and i will have live plants in it so they cant eat plants. So please help me out any suggestions will help me alot thanks. If you would like to see what the tank will look like go in to my pics and there are two different designs in there look at the final design which will be how the tank will hopefully look like soon.

Thanks Nick

Views: 821

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

there really isnt any problem i just need a good clean up crew that will stay small as the main fish are the everglades dwarf sunfish that will only get up to an inch long....so i need a good clean up crew that will also stay small and will not beat up the small sunfish

Your best bet are Cory cats cherry shrimp and oto cats  but for a 10g  is pretty small how many fish do you already have?

i only have 5 Everglades Dwarf Sunfish in there right now i am planning on getting 4 panda cory cats as a clean up crew

Shrimp are the way to go here . small simple and they eat just about anything. That or cory catfish.

If its well planted i dont think you can go wrong with some shrimp.

i would love to get some shrimp in this tank but the only shrimp that i am able to get here are Opae Ula which is a small red shrimp that is native to the hawaiian islands....and sadly those shrimp are small enough to get eaten by the Sunfish

get some shrimp. They do well with algae and cleaning left-over food.

for sure....but the only shrimp that i can get here are the native ones and they are small and will get eaten by they fish that i have in there :(.....i am trying to get some amono shrimp as they do get a bit bigger....thanks

Suck up the detritus when you do water changes - that's your best clean-up crew by far - and lots of plants. Malaysian snails might help.

i agree with you.....but i am looking for a good clean up crew because i am a college student and have time to do a water change 1 a week...and there's only 2 fish in the tank right now because i am getting reed of the tetras and guppies and Chinese Algae eater due to alot of aggression towards my everglades sunfish....so i am looking in to getting a good clean up crew that wont get to big...eat the smaller fish.....and wont get aggressive

Maylasian snails are good. Even blackworms that become embedded in the soil are good.  Of course plants and bacteria are the best cleaners. The key is to not let dead food fall or settle on the bottom at all. Lots of fish eat from the bottom - not just "bottom feeders".

RSS

Blog Posts

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:59pm 0 Comments

10 Gallon planted Guppy

Posted by Richard on December 29, 2019 at 10:58pm 0 Comments

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

© 2024   Created by Dustin Wunderlich.   Powered by